For Immediate Release:
For Immediate Release:
Unlike other CVBs in areas that have a ton of LGBT+ visitors…Las Vegas, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Provincetown, St. Pete, Key West, etc….Visit Orlando’s LGBT+ Marketing is minimal at best.
Considering the amount of visitors to metro Orlando from our community for 30 years…it is laughable. Actually it is “taxation without representation” because our visitors’ bed tax dollars contribute to their annual budget.
The LGBT+ community leaders have had numerous meetings with Visit Orlando over the past 8 years with little or no response to our requests.
Here are the “estimated” facts based on Visit Orlando’s published tourism data:
Below is additional background information just for the one iconic weekend called “Gay Disney”:
Our immediate goals from this exercise are for Visit Orlando to work with LGBT leaders in the community to:
- Design a FAM trip with influencers from North America, South America and Europe – we will help identify relevant influencers.
- Purpose of FAM trip:
- Experience Downtown Orlando
- Magic Kingdom
- Our local LGBT social/bar/restaurant/business scene
- Our participating hotels (Orlando Grand, Sheraton Lake Buena Vista, B Resort, and Margaritaville)
- Visit Disney Springs – House of Blues
- Typhoon Lagoon
- Universal Studios
- Sea World
- Visit Orlando to engage in direct marketing of Orlando as an LGBT-friendly vacation destination USING LGBT Certified Marketing Companies – beginning immediately for the 30th Anniversary of Gay Disney RED SHIRT PRIDE DAYS in 2020 and annually thereafter.
- Presence at Out & Equal
- Presence at National LGBT Chamber of Commerce convention
- Presence at International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA)
- Visit Orlando to actively promote Red Shirt Pride Days at Walt Disney World Resorts which expands into Universal, SeaWorld, and other tertiary businesses. 2020 marks the 30th Anniversary!
- Most importantly, establish a fair and equitable budget based on the amount of business we as a community bring to metro Orlando.
- Engage with Certified LGBT Business Enterprises who exist here in Orlando to deliver their new initiatives. These businesses have been certified by the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce. There are only 1,000 in the world approved and Orlando has approximately 30.
- Mirror the examples set by Mayor Deming with Orange County and Mayor Dyer with the City of Orlando and open a Diversity Supplier Portal for Certified LGBT Businesses.
For more information, please contact:
Billy Looper, Owner
Outloud LGBT Marketing, a Certified LGBT Business Enterprise by the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce.